Saturday, July 12, 2014

MY WATCH

What a pleasure to look at my watch!  It is simple.  It displays the time.  That is all it does.  That is its only function.  It is not a computer, calculator, calendar, camera or toilet.  I have only to look at it to see the time.  No logon I.D.  No password.  No application.  No keypad.  

How refeshing seeing such simplicity!  We live in a time when our lives are complicated with the Internet, e-mail, text messages, cell phones, computers, etc.  I am not against this technology, but how hard to get away from it.  We are surrounded by it.

F
or the few seconds I look at my watch, I am transported away from the chaotic digital circus.  I am taken to Simple -- a place of silence, peace and quiet.  I return restored and rejuvenated.  I go on vacation every time I look at my watch!