Sunday, October 23, 2016

BAD POETRY



Roses are red
Violets are blue
I wish you weren't here
So I could be with you

*

I saw a World in a Grain of Sand
And Heaven in a Wild Flower.
And then I thought,
"I better get my eyes checked." 

*

Jack and Jill went up the hill to-
(CENSORED) 

*

The wheels on the bus go round and round
The sun across the sky goes up and down
And here I am on the ground wondering,
"What else rhymes with round?"

*

How do I love thee?
I would love to count the ways,
But I can't count.

*

Pooma pooma pooma
Dippy demi dooma
Isket bisket gooma
Pooma pooma pooma



Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood.
And then I went home alone
And wrote down this poem.


*

Roses are red
Violets are blue
This is The End
And it doesn't rhyme



Gary Johnston gratefully acknowledges the support he receives from the English Alphabet. 

No comments: