Tuesday, July 29, 2014

SHHHH!

What ever happened to a library being a place of silence?   A stern-looking spinster librarian would  shush!  you if you were breathing too loud.  Now librarians are no longer stern-looking spinsters, and library silence is on display somewhere in a museum.

People must wake up and say, "I think I'll go to the library today and talk on my cell phone.  When not talking on my cell phone, I'll talk and socialize with my friends." 

Signs asking people to be quiet and not use their cell phones are mere decorations.  Sometimes the librarians themselves are gabbing away.  

I love silence.  Where can I find it?  Nowhere?  Outer Space?  I may find it if I went to Nowhere.  I am not confident that I will find silence in Outer Space.  I suspect that should I go to Outer Space, looking for silence, I will find an alien blabbing on his cell phone.

"Yeah, Goink, you're right.  Listen, let me call you back.  I'm just heading to Earth.  I'll call you when I get to a library.  Okay.  Bye."

No comments: