Tuesday, August 9, 2016

THOUGHTS ON MY MARRIAGE

It's been 25 years since I left my marriage for sanity.  Is there anything I miss about my marriage?


I miss the arguments.  My life is dull now that I live in peace and quiet.

Along with the arguments, I miss not being wrong.

I miss not being told what to do.  Some days I'm afraid to get out of bed because I don't know what to wear, what to eat, and how to spend my day.

I miss having my wife save me money by spending it.
"We saved $5.00!  The lamp was regularly $30.00, but we got it for $25.00."
"We didn't save money; we spent less."
"No. No.  We saved $5.00."
Of course she was right. 

Sex?  I missed it while being married.  My wife had a lot of headaches.  Perhaps I caused them.  Who knows?
Do I miss sex now?  No.  Everyday someone tells me, "Fuck off!"  Perhaps I do cause headaches. 

No comments: