Sunday, March 15, 2015

MARCH 15, 44 BCE




In an alternate universe, did a soothsayer approach the Ides of March and say, "Beware of Julius Caesar, for he will make a bloody mess."

***

Brutus walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "What will it be?"
Brutus says, "I'll have a Bloody Caesar, please."
"I should have known," said the bartender.

***

Cassius:  He's back!
Brutus:  Who's back?
Cassius:  Caesar, Julius Caesar.  He's back.
Brutus:  He is?
Cassius:  Yes, but only as a salad.  He'll leaf us alone if we leaf him alone.

***

"How are you getting along these days, Julius?" asks a reporter.
"Great!" says Caesar. "My friends always have my back."
  
***

"Hello.  Is this the Praetorian Insurance Company?  It is?  Good.  I'm a beneficiary on Julius Caesar's life insurance policy.  It's been 2,059 years since he died, and I have yet to receive any money . . . "

No comments: