Tuesday, November 19, 2013

THINGS I NEVER UNDERSTOOD AS A CHILD AND STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND

My parents bought me a blazer for Sunday school.  My mother yelled at me for putting stuff in the front pockets.  "You're not supposed to put anything in those pockets.  They are just for show," she said.  What's the point of having pockets if you can't put anything in them?

They told me in Sunday school that Jesus died for my sins.  How could he have died for my sins when I wasn't alive two thousand years ago?


And that's the other thing.  They told me that Jesus did not die; that  he rose from the dead and is alive today.  So why did they tell me that he died for my sins when he did not die and is alive today?

If people close to us suffer from some life-threatening illness and are so close to death do we dwell on their suffering if they are cured?  No, we celebrate.  We enjoy our time with them and forget about their suffering.  So, why all the fuss and drama on Good Friday?  Why dwell on Jesus'
suffering and death on the cross?  It's over!  He rose from the dead!  Why wait until Easter Sunday to celebrate?


If God is all-powerful, then how come He loses battles with Satan?

People have tried to explain all these things to me, but I still don't get it?


No comments: