Monday, February 23, 2015

DISAPPOINTMENT AT THE OSCARS



The Academy Awards, how disappointing!  I was nominated for Best Idiot In My Life, but did not win.  It was supposed to be like a Lifetime Achievement Award, but they did not even mention me, or that I was the best idiot in my life.

I worked hard preparing to be the Best Idiot In My Life.  Days, months, years of making stupid mistakes and saying stupid things.  How nice it would have been to have the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences acknowledge all my hard work.

I had an my acceptance speech prepared.  After receiving the Oscar, and a standing ovation, I would have said, "Duh-um.  Thank you."  See?  Short and sweet.

I suppose a life in the arts is not about the rewards.  It is about The Process.  So even though they ignored me at The Oscars, I can say that I had fun being the Best Idiot In My Life.

No comments: