Saturday, May 31, 2014

HAVE YOU FOUND THE LORD?

I am standing at a bus stop minding my own business . . . 

             "Pardon me, sir, but have you found the Lord?"
             "I didn't know that He was lost."  I replied.  (I borrowed the words from my grandfather who, according to my father, used them many years ago when accosted by a Jesus Junkie.)

The Jesus Junkie, who had accosted me, was a well-dressed young man.  He ignored my answer and continued.
       
              "Do you know God's plan for us?"
              "No, but I trust She has a good one."
              "She?" asked the Jesus Junkie.  "She?  God is not                   woman.  God is a man."
               "Really?  God is a man?  Does that mean that He's a real                 suck when he gets sick?"
               "You're making fun of God."
               "That's right I'm making fun.  Just like God was making fun by creating human beings.  What a sense of humor God has!"
               "So you haven't accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour?"
               "Nope."
               "Then you're going to go to Hell when you die."
               "Yup.  Are you going to Hell when you die?"
               "No, of course not!"
               "Good, then I won't mind being there."

At that point the bus arrived and saved us.  The bus saved me because the Jesus Junkie did not get on, and it saved the Jesus Junkie from my smart-ass answers. 

As the bus pulled away from the stop, I felt sorry for poor God The Almighty.  Imagine having to rely on human beings to help save the Universe? 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh the poor universe :(