Friday, May 23, 2014

JESUS, ZEUS AND THE CEILING



Several weeks ago a fifty-million-dollar lottery winner said that she had prayed to Jesus to send her some "miracle money" before she bought her ticket.  With the jackpot being 50 million dollars, she was not the only one praying to Jesus.

How did Jesus decide to answer her prayer out of all the people praying for the 50 million dollars?  Did he check the church-attendance records?  Did he look at The Good Deeds Book?  Did he draw her name from a hat?  Why did he let her win?

What about Jesus' priorities?  Did he ignore the prayers asking for relief from sickness, suffering, hunger and death just to make someone win 50 million dollars?  Is he still working on the other prayers because they are harder to answer?  Yes, he works in mysterious ways.

I thought I would give Jesus a try.  Before I bought a lottery ticket I prayed, "Dear Jesus, Please send me some miracle money.  Thank you."  Nothing.  I tried two more times praying louder and louder.  After all,  Jesus is over two thousand years old and his hearing must be going.  Nothing.  Jesus struck out.

I thought I would give Zeus a try.  He must be feeling neglected ever since Jesus took the spotlight.  Helping me win the lottery would be a wonderful comeback for Zeus.  Zeus struck out, too.  Perhaps he was not interested in making a comeback.  Perhaps he never heard my prayers because he was away on a course upgrading his thunderbolt skills.  Who knows?



To whom can I pray to?  Who will will send me miracle money?  The ceiling?  Very well then, I will pray to the ceiling.  Why not?  I looked up at it when praying to Jesus and Zeus.  May it will come through for me.



"Please, Ceiling, Please send me some miracle money.  Thank you."

Now I wait . . .      

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I bought a lotto max ticket this evening 18million if I win I will give you some money ,no praying required. sue